I work for a highway authority, how can I update hazard records?

There are several ways that local authorities can update our records:

  1. Log into this site using your account1: you can then update any of your hazards directly.
  2. Click on the hazard update link we include in all hazard notification emails: you can then update the hazard directly.
  3. Reply by email to the exact email address we sent the hazard notification email from.

The first option is the best, as it doesn’t require authorities to keep track of the hazard update links, and the update is quick and direct. Authority users can also see a list of all their current hazards, and a facility to update multiple hazards at the same time.

The second option works well, and doesn’t require anyone to log in, but we know that sometimes the links are lost in the authority’s internal processes.

The last option requires manual intervention from FillThatHole staff, which can result in some delay to updates being applied. But it works for auto-responses and notifications of authority reference numbers, as we have a semi-automatic mail reading system to pick these out.

1 To create an authority account:

  1. Use the “Create new account” link in the “User login” box in the left-hand column of this site’s pages.
  2. Contact us to request that your account is associated with your highway authority records.

Cycling UK

Cycling UK inspires and helps people to cycle and keep cycling, whatever kind of cycling they do or would like to do. Over a century’s experience tells us that cycling is more than useful transport; it makes you feel good, gives you a sense of freedom and creates a better environment for everyone.

  • We provide expert, practical help and advice.
  • We support individuals and communities.
  • We protect cyclists’ interests.
  • We campaign to make cycling mainstream and to remove the things that stop people cycling.
  • We help people develop the confidence and skills to cycle.
  • We promote the benefits of cycling to individuals, to society and to the economy.

Join & support us – 0844 736 8451